Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mike's Annual "Best of": the best of the year in music

In the early months of each new year I sort through the albums I listened to in the year just ended and select the ones that provided the most listening pleasure.  I then pick one song from each album and gather the songs together onto a CD, representing my "Best of" collection for that year.  I also write a description of each song and why it landed on the CD.  These lists, going back the last several years, are provided in the blog.  Though I like many types of music, I am primarily drawn to the very wide genre of independent and alternative. 


I hope to have the Best of 2010 finished and posted by the middle of 2011.  Reader comments on the songs and anything associated with your own process of searching and finding great music are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment